Even if you’re full to bursting after a Christmas Day feast, you’ll make room for these trending treats.
Christmas crack – named in tongue-in-cheek fashion for its addictive qualities and the fact you literally crack the bar into bitesized pieces – is the brainchild of Mary Sommer, who goes by @biggirlbakery on TikTok.
After sharing the recipe to the platform two years ago, her video picked up speed this festive season and has now racked up over 1.1 million likes – not to mention plenty of praise.
Combining salty and sweet flavours (always a winning combo), Christmas crack turns storecupboard staples into a moreish crowd pleasing snack.
Mary called Christmas crack ‘the best thing I’ve EVER put in my mouth,’ in her video’s caption, but it’s not just the taste her followers are fans of. As it requires only four ingredients, it’s also super quick and simple to make.
‘I make this every year and people lose their minds over it,’ commented one person, while another wrote ‘This looks absolutely insane.. wow.’
If you want to give it a go, here’s how:
- 230g butter
- 230g brown sugar
- Pack of salted crackers of choice
- 100g chocolate chips
- Sprinkles or sweets for decoration (optional)
- Melt butter and brown sugar on medium heat until sugar is fully dissolved.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and as many crackers as you can fit.
- Pour butter and sugar mixture over crackers.
- Place in a pre-heated 200C oven for 6 minutes.
- Immediately after you take the tray out, sprinkle your chocolate chips over the top until they’re melted.
- Spread the chocolate, then add toppings and wait to cool.
- Crack the bark into bitesized pieces and enjoy.
They’ll likely be in high demand from guests – just don’t blame us if you end up having to make a second batch.
Do you have a story to share?
Get in touch by emailing MetroLifestyleTeam@Metro.co.uk.