Kamala Harris was inside DNC HQ when pipe bomb was discovered outside on January 6 | World | News

Vice President Kamala Harris, 57, is thought to have been the unnamed “protectee” who was inside Democratic National Committee (DNC) HQ on January 6 while a riot took place at the Capitol. Scenes turned nasty in Washington after ex-President Donald Trump, 75, gathered supporters to protest against the certification of his defeat in the 2020 election.

The mob stormed the Capitol and even made it onto the floor of the Senate.

More than 140 officers sustained injuries during the insurrection and 725 protesters have since been arrested.

Mr Trump, who lost to 79-year-old Joe Biden by 306 electoral college votes to 232, claimed polls in the key swing states of Arizona, Georgia, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin were rigged.

Such claims have so far been unfounded.

JUST IN: Joe Biden blasted by Lindsey Graham over ‘brazen politicisation’ of January 6 riot

But Mr Trump persists in making such a claim.

In a statement released yesterday, he said: “Never forget the crime of the 2020 Presidential Election.”

Four individuals, including a White House official and ex-law enforcement official, confirmed for Politico Ms Harris was the “protectee”.

The news website also obtained an official timeline of events from Capitol Police which claims officers started investigating the pipe bomb at 1.07pm.

READ MORE: Hoyle slaps down SNP MP left red faced with rage at Rees-Mogg

Politico reports no suspects have been arrested in connection with the pipe bombs.

However, the FBI has described both pipe bombs as viable.

Taking to Twitter, the FBI Washington Field account said: “#FBIWFO continues to work with @ATFWashington, @CapitolPolice, @DCPoliceDept to identify the person responsible for placing pipe bombs near the Democratic National Committee Headquarters & Republican National Committee Headquarters on January 5, the night before the Capitol riots.

“Both devices were viable and could have been detonated, resulting in serious injury or death.

“The #FBI and @ATFHQ are offering a reward of up to $100,000 for info. leading to the location, arrest, and conviction of the person(s) responsible for the placement of the bombs.”




Source link

WORLD NEWS