We’re leaving behind better police force

The Minister of Police Affairs, Mohammed Dingyadi, says he is satisfied with the police force President Muhammadu Buhari’s Administration will bequeath to its successor, come 2023.

The minister stated this on Thursday in Abuja at the 15th edition of the President Muhammadu Buhari (PMB)’s Administration Scorecard Series organised by the Ministry of Information and Culture.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the scorecard series was launched as part of efforts to showcase the achievements of the Buhari administration.

Asked whether he will not be leaving behind a police that are brutal, repressive, corrupt and poor, Mr Dingyadi responded that he was satisfied with the conduct, performances and professionalism of the Force.

“So far so good. I am satisfied with the level of police public relations that we have created.

“Maybe many of you are not aware that we go around to monitor the conduct and behaviour of police who are working day and night across the country.

“From what I have personally seen, when I compared it to what I used to see years ago I will say that I am satisfied now,” he said.

Mr Dingyadi appealed to Nigerians to appreciate what the police officers were doing on the streets and understand that they are there to protect the people.

He also appealed to the people to collaborate with the police and take them as their friends.

TEXEM Advert


“Without this reciprocal relationship, what we are trying to achieve will not be one hundred per cent successful.

“So we need the support and collaborations of all Nigerians, so that we can together ensure that the police are there for everybody,” he said.

Speaking on the Federal Capital Territory’s 470 million dollar Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) camera project awarded to a Chinese firm, ZTE Communications in 2010, the minister said the Buhari Administration had taken concrete steps on its implementation.


Kogi AD

He said the president decided to make a full use of it, and ensure it did not go down the drain while government continue to pay the loan taken from China to execute it

“For that reason, the Federal Executive Council decided to concession the project to reputable contractor who will reactivate it for the use of the police and the other service providers.

“It will also enable the project to serve what it is meant for and draw some revenue to the federal government and the police.

Dangote adbanner 728x90_2 (1)

“The concessionaire is working and the project will soon be completed and put to use,” he assured.

Speaking on the 2023 General Elections and INEC offices being vandalised across the country, Mr Dingyadi reassured Nigerians that the police would ensure hitch free and credible polls.

“What you see out there by the coward criminals cannot deter us from conducting these elections successfully,” he said.

The minister also assured that there is synergy and collaboration between the police and the sub-nationals, that is, the states as far as the country’s internal security is concerned.

He also disclosed that the government is making efforts to pay the six months arrears of the new salary packages it owes some policemen.

Mr Dingyadi said he recently met with the Minister of Finance and Budget Planning, Zainab Ahmed, over the arrears and she promised to take it up and ensure the payment.

(NAN)


Support PREMIUM TIMES’ journalism of integrity and credibility

Good journalism costs a lot of money. Yet only good journalism can ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.

For continued free access to the best investigative journalism in the country we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble endeavour.

By contributing to PREMIUM TIMES, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all.

Donate



TEXT AD: Call Willie – +2348098788999








PT Mag Campaign AD




Source link

WORLD NEWS